Health Hacks For Summers - Blog - The Green Snack Co.

7 Health Hacks for Summers

Summer is here, and we have some hacks that could help you make it even more enjoyable. Of cause, sunburns, scrapes & dehydration are also some things that we often don’t like about Summers, but hey, Summer is still a great time to get out and enjoy the weather.

Exercising, following a proper diet, meditating, etc., can help void the warm weather from affecting us. Here are some health hacks that will keep you & your family healthy and happy in this exhausting heat.

1. Take care of your face & skin.
Summer automatically calls for healthy face care & skincare routine. You must protect your skin and face from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Extreme rays cause tan and burns but also carry the risk of skin cancer. Use of waterproof sunscreen before stepping outside the house, along with using natural products like cucumber, aloe vera, lemon, etc. can help in keeping your body health in check.

2. Cover-up nice.
Protecting your eyes, skin, mouth, nose, etc. is crucial to avoid hot winds from entering your body. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. Always keep in mind to wear a cap or a hat while traveling. Protect that beauty on your face! with a face mask (needless to say now for sure). These tiny little precautions will help you avoid the tan, making you look as fresh as ever.

3. Stay hydrated
It's imperative to stay hydrated in summer to avoid exhaustion and tiredness, but drinking plain water does get boring. Try infusing water overnight with fresh ingredients like mint, blueberry, cucumber, lime, ginger, etc. adds extra refreshment. Adding new elements gives a different flavor and makes it even more exciting! This will make you want to drink lots of fluids which is, in turn, better for you.

4. Avoid food that gives you heat.
Keep yourself away from foods that heat your body, such as sour fruits, garlic, cheese, and vegetables such as beetroot and carrot. Limit their intake. These are hazardous to the body and likely to create heat internally. Instead, eat fruits that go with the summer. Eat cooling foods that will keep you healthy from the inside too. Extreme intake of heat foods will subsequently affect your insides. For meat-eaters, try to avoid red meat during summer.

5. Eat light.
During summers, always prefer to have light food. The reason being, light foods tend to be digested easily. Doctors suggest that apart from drinking lots of water, a summer diet consisting of light and healthy food would ensure a calm mind and body.

6. Be extravagant, but not much.
Do splurge on eating. Eating goes parallel to pleasure, and that's okay. You might try the 80/20 approach. Meaning, 80% of the time, you’re giving your body the nutrition it needs, and for the rest, 20%, you're allowing for more fun in your diet.

7. Go for a cooler workout.
Adjusting your workout to occur during the cooler hours (early in the morning or later in the evening) would be great for your body. The environment in which you work out has effects on you too. Maybe you won't think about those, but eventually, it does. Stay active during the hottest months, no doubt. But, make sure you take the necessary actions. 

While we’re in midst of a pandemic, it’s often advised not to go out. And while you’re staying at home, a few of the above-mentioned tips will surely help you. Too much heat can get us all agitated. And nobody wants that. By doing these simple tricks, your family and you can stay calm both from the insides and outsides.
Trust us when we say that these easy-peasy techniques will ensure your health and safety.

You have successfully subscribed!
This email has been registered